To Remember

Our family blog is meant for a small audience of the people that care the most about us and we about them. It is our family record of memories and experiences that will help us remember how blessed we are to be together. The joyous opportunities in life are meant to help us through the challenges of life. We have much to be grateful for-blogging it helps us REMEMBER.

Monday, December 19, 2011

New Quotes

1. I popped a fruit-flavored tum in my mouth (becoming more and more of a frequent occurrence-the joys of being pregnant) and as I chewed it up Maren came and sat on my lap wanting what was in my mouth. I said: "This is mommy's medicine, you wont want any." She then said: "Well, I am sick."

2. A neighbor girl was sent over by her mom with 2 measuring cups needing some brown sugar. After she left Maren got out 2 measuring cups demanding that she have sugar in her cups. Of course I am not going to let her cart sugar around the house so I had to get creative. She was really upset that it was not sugar.

3. In our house, we do not say "poopy" when referring to a messy diaper. In nursery that is the term they use so naturally she is starting to say it at home. Spencer corrects her every time, and I laugh because he will inevitably not win the battle. For the first time, Maren went stinky in the toilet which was probably the first time she had ever really seen her mess. That night we had pizza with sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes. She looked at the toppings, held one up and said with her nose turned up: "This is poop." It came out under her breath and she was very serious about it. We looked at each other and said: " Did she just say what I think she said?" We asked her again and she repeated just the same. We laughed really hard.

4. Sometimes after we put Maren to bed we can hear her talk to herself. This was tonight's dialog:"I a girl, not a boy, and not a beast."

5. We are often amazed at Maren's attention to detail considering she is only 21/2. Today I was wearing a royal blue sweatshirt which must have made my eyes look more blue than normal. She got really close to my face and looked into my eyes and said: "Your eyes blue, like your shirt." We were pretty impressed.

6. I gave Maren a new cereal to eat for breakfast today and told her it was like Life cereal so she would eat it. When she was done I asked her if she liked it and she said: "Yeah its crazy." "Crazy? Why was it crazy?" She said: "Cause Life is crazy!" Little did she know what she was really saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment