To Remember

Our family blog is meant for a small audience of the people that care the most about us and we about them. It is our family record of memories and experiences that will help us remember how blessed we are to be together. The joyous opportunities in life are meant to help us through the challenges of life. We have much to be grateful for-blogging it helps us REMEMBER.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Happy Birthday to our little Eva!

Wow the time has flown. I was thinking back on this precious day one year ago and love the fond memories I have of seeing this little girl come into my life. I was induced the night before and was able to sleep fairly well considering the beds are quite uncomfortable. I was able to endure the pain of contractions much easier than when I was in labor with Maren. I got an epidural early the next morning and she came at 11:15 am. When I first laid eyes on her I saw my mom. I could recognize her and felt an instant connection to her. I was fortunate to have my mom and dad in town and loved watching them hold her as I recovered in the hospital. Her first year was not always easy. She was colicky so nights were stressful and at 7 weeks old she caught RSV and needed emergency room care. By the time we grew out of the colic stage things got easier and we were able to enjoy her. Personality began showing up everywhere. She started walking at 8 months and is the most determined child. She tells you pretty clearly what she wants and learns so fast. We can't stop laughing at her.

Today, its icy and cold out. but her little banner brings sunshine into the room just as...

...this face does. We are so lucky to have her! Happy Birthday to our little Eva! 

No comments:

Post a Comment